Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Autumn Comes New Leaf

Once again, I find myself trapped in the web of time. I can’t believe it! As soon as Halloween hit, I’m catapulted into pumpkin pie, mistle toe, and fireworks. As the holidays rolls upon us, I’m filled with a mish mash of joy and exultation! Suddenly, I am struck with the idea of traveling back east for Thanksgiving. As mom deuce is probably going through withdrawals of Hunter, I say to myself, “Why not?” Thanksgiving equals family. The past few years, Shane and I were withdrawn from our family. We were so overloaded by our wedding that we needed a break. Two years and a baby later, we’re back in the game.

We purchased tickets equivalent to a high definition fifty inch plasma, thus we closed our eyes and took the plunge. I was never one to travel during the holidays, yet I didn’t understand what the hubbub was about. I love myself a healthy hustle bustle once in a while, it whips me into a flurry, but I don't mind. Most importantly, I couldn’t wait for Hunter to spend time with his grandparents. Onward and upward.

This will be the first time that we skip Manhattan and head straightforth upstate. Normally, I would object to such a vile and disturbing proposal, but not today. As much as I would like to take Hunter to Rockefeller center and indulge in my favorite culinary delights of Manhattan, I remind myself, “in good time young Jedi.”

Most of the time, it’s not about me. I would like to think sometimes, but mostly never. It used to be, but than I found myself at a four way stop sign signaling to the other drivers to go first just so I could bask in their “thank you(s)”. I was one with myself. Not a psychotic thought stirred through me, not even an ounce. Peculiarly, I’ve found myself at Whole Foods register purchasing meals for the needy. Am I oblivious to the turning of my new leaf? Most disturbing, I’ve found myself skimming through the volunteer section for Glide Memorial church. I had to bear a child in order to reconnect the wires to my soul. Never in a thousand midgets would I imagine. God moves in mysterious ways.

This is Shellie grounded like dirt to a doormat back to you Bob at the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment