Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Brilliance


I guess it was time that I stop ignoring my readers and start writing again. I left you with a big pow! Pregnancy. Again. Wow. My mission to exceed China’s population was a complete flop, but sex is god! After a month of a wonderful anniversary and a year of celebrating aging, I’m back to embrace my reality. My simple “reality” that is the couch, my sweet Hunter, and husband extraordinaire. As zebras are not painted horses, this pregnancy is much different than the last. It’s calm, but the undertow of Hades is just a few levels hormone deep. I barely made it through the last 16 weeks calm, having to talk down my emotions down from jumping into the fire by isolation.

“Anger is an indulgence that requires careful forethought.”

Shane is clueless as to how close he got to perhaps getting both his achilles sliced lengthwise. Instead, I removed myself from short ended situations and made way to my bedroom until the emotional tsunami passed.

In the meantime, Shane has been fending for himself in the dining arena as my appetite has dwindled to fast food or nothing. There’s been nights he’d make a run for Pizza Hut for a personal pan super supreme. “Gasp!!!” Went the die hard foodies elitists, that’s right I said it. I am certain he didn't do it for me, but for the benefit of that special someone that takes my body hostage. In good time, my appetite returned to its five senses. Shane has been my little apprentice in the kitchen. As I carefully guide him into the gentle ways of cooking, he has come to appreciate my hard work in the kitchen. After a long day of work, handling Hunter, and slaving in the kitchen to sit down to a three course meal at eight o’clock, he is exhausted. Little does he know, I am preparing him for the arrival of the second Kitchstar.

As I found my way out of the lethargic fog in my first pregnancy, I found rest to be luxuriously effective in my current. Enter stage right, bedroom. I have officially become a professional at siestas. There’s nothing better than a good snooze. Awaking to feeling refreshed and renewed enough to instant reposition my head and repeat the luxury. As for my gym life, it requires a bit of resuscitation. Alright I did one day of circuit training in my 14 week, but no more nor less. Tsk. Tsk.

As I reflect on my first pregnancy, I am quickly reminded that I was in an entire different era. Pregnancy was a romantic notion. Diet and exercise was on the absolute forefront. Finally, I was not a parent. Today, I manage a household and family. Working full time and a part time mother and wife, leaves no room for anything else. Pregnancy remains a romantic notion, yet the glamour and glitz has worn off. As I would love to work out and be healthy, this pregnancy steers me different. Do not fret, as I am sure like everything else, I will find the magic that weaves refinement back into my game. Until than, life is beautiful in all it’s glory. As my belly begins it’s up rise, I am reminded of the innocent goodness that is blooming in my own being.

This is Shellie staring straight into the sun back to you Bob at the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment