Thursday, August 20, 2009

Girlesque


Little Stevie was a mover and a kicker. In my belly, she voraciously thrust her fists and feet every which way, but still. The ultrasound technicians went berzerk attempting to capture an image, she always hid behind her appendages, "nope that's her hand, there's her feet..silence...that's her other hand...longer silence....that's her thigh..." I wondered if my future Pisces would be a future recluse as well. Let's just say I never had a cute picture of Stevie as she took my body hostage for nine months. Just like Hunter, the gender was unknown, but my female intuition yielded a girl. Why? Well first of all my emotional instability was a dead give away.

The second time around was like sipping a flute of Veuve Clicquot. Besides my induction, my labor took no more than eight pushes and out she came. Look out world make room, because Stevie Day has arrived! There she was six pounds nine ounces and nineteen inches long of love wrapped in my arms. Little Stevie’s almost six months, that’s half a year, approximately 26 weeks, or six hundred twenty four hours. I can’t help but notice how time is whizzing by. She went from a docile little newborn to flipping over like a fish on land. She once slept so cozily in her bassinet and now she occupies the crib in Hunter's room.

She is mild natured baby with a voracious appetite. She enjoys being held, but what can I say except, “um yeh, she’s a girl!” All her little quirks and personality traits are apparent like the way she likes to ham it up, smiling and batting her eyes which, to me, sounds like trouble.

It's been a joyful journey with the second child in tow. It took getting accustomed to the high balance beam act, but the circus act must go on. Besides, the Kitchens are a team to be wreckoned with so get the hell out of the way. Besides, my honorable respect for the single parent, I have a newfound respect for parents of twins and beyond, "What the hell were you thinking!!! You crazy?"

Whatever the future holds, I look forward to watching her grow and flourish. I’m even more excited to watch both of them grow together, expecting the fantastic and the terrible. Certainly sleep has it's perks and being coherent 24/7 twenty is overated. Simply put it, I'm happy. If my day ever goes awry, all I have to do is reach into my heart and hold on to the two jewels that are Stevie and Hunter.

This is Shellie is numero tres my lucky number? Back to you Bob at the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment