Wednesday, August 05, 2009

New Kid on the Block


My first entry for the year 2009.

I've returned from my sabbatical that is motherhood. Rewind to Mar 6, 2009, exactly at 5:27pm I gave birth to a baby girl. It took us a day to come up with her name, but we settled on Stevie Day Kitchen. It took eight contractions of pushing. It was so much of a breeze that another baby didn’t seem so far fetched. Mister Hunter is handling the new addition like a big brother in his twos. I have come to embrace his new behavior as the “menace” henceforth will be known as the menace. We acclimated to Stevie like a hand in glove. She is mild in nature, but unlike Hunter she likes to be held. She is such a girl.

Life, as I have come to know it, is an ever changing animal. Hunter’s in a new pre-school. Stevie is in a separate Spanish immersion family daycare. I returned to work after three months of maternity leave. I can be found at the gym six days a week shedding off the baby weight like a rat does cheese. Perhaps, this may be perceived as mere neglect towards my children, but I’d like to call it “me” time. At the same time, nothings changed I am still a shopaholic, a foodie, a wife (surprisingly), and a social mishap.

Honestly, there is not enough time in a day. From the time the alarm goes off, to the time the kids go to bed, life keeps me on my toes. If I had an au pair, well that would just flip this story a thousand times over. This, on the contrary, is not a complaint. My kids have bestowed upon me a gift of appreciation. I’ve been humbled by it and have kicked myself a hundred times for being such a fool. Thus, I cherish every moment as I am slowly realizing every day that I have yet to live.

This is Shellie advising you to “check yourself” back to you Bob at the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment