Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy Birthday!


Wishing my sweetie a happy birthday.

It's Shane's birthday today and for as much as he down plays his birthday every year by advising that I not celebrate it. Personally, I think his attitude is bull crap. I would not dismiss the opportunity of making him feel special. In fact, I would like to throw his parents a party to congratulate them on raising such a golden heart of a soul!

Once again, I have a dinner up my sleeve. Ssssshhh is the word of the day. This is on the down low fo sho. Sure it's not a surprise party like last year, but a surprise. He has surprised me with his compassion, love and generosity and the least I could do is surprise him on his birthday surrounded by his closest buddies.

I already gave him my heart, love and good intentions when I said, "yes, I will love you for the rest of my life." That, my friends, I can not wrap in a golden box, but it something we can keep in that special thought I like to call memory.

Lesson: A keen grasshopper should always meet the sun at rise and set, but play in the day that comes between.

No comments:

Post a Comment