Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Smile



We’ve reached our half year mark. Six months. The point five. If only I could pluck the wings from time. We have yet to finish our thank you cards. We’ve done most of them, except that we’ve lost our check off list and can’t remember who we’ve sent them to. We have not weeded through our wedding photos. I have not boxed my wedding dress. We’re just terrible, terrible newlyweds. Honeymoon date undecided, but the destination is Paris and Rome.

We’ve come a long way since our wedding. A new job. A new name. A new home. A new neighborhood. A new lifestyle. A new car. Anew.

It was a normal day. We were sticky and dirty from boxing. I made a fresh pear mache salad to start and followed with roasted perch and garlic kale. He wished me a happy six month anniversary with a smile. I couldn’t believe that he remembered. That’s why he’s my sweetest of the sweets.

So step off you feeble minded skeptics and pessimists, all is in bliss in Kitchenville.

LESSON: Little grasshopper must remember there is big meaning when preserving small words in a glass jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment