Saturday, March 04, 2006

My new love



Since boxing, the flames have consumed every aspect of our lives. Who would have thunk? Not I. That’s all we squawk about. We love it so much that we’ve recruited Kurt, Darren and Sophia in hopes that they too will fall in love. Irritating right? Pathetic. It’s so pathetic that we practice our combinations in our living room. Oops, did I let the frog just jump out of the pond? Giggle. It’s such a gritty sport. It’s violent, but so eloquent. What is it about the jab, cross, upper, hook, double jab and concussions? I don’t know, but I scream, “give me more goshdarnit!” We head towards Third Street Gym for the 5:45pm class. First of all, we stopped pairing off with each other, because that is just plain mental and retarded. Just ‘cause we’re married, doesn’t mean we have to do everything together. Kidding. Not really, giggle. By the way, we’re not doing this as a marriage counseling gig. Not yet. Smile.

I purchased my first pair of boxing shoes! I am psyched! We’ve been going four to five days a week, like psychotic animals, we just keep going back for more pain. I have fallen in love. Blush. It has curved my way of life. It has added this “oomph” in my soul. We cut down on drinking and we’re watching what we eat. I’ve incorporated healthy greens like kale (my fav), swiss chard, hydrocress into our daily diet. I even cut champagne, my little bubbly sidekick, from my repertoire. I know, what pathetic people we’ve become, but it doesn’t mean that we’ve stopped living. Haha. On the contrary, that’s what weekend brunch is for. Yeeha! I’ve heard a few snarls from family members questioning our marriage, because of the alcohol intake at our wedding. Pointy fingers, we know who you are. Ahem, it was our wedding. I guess the bride and groom are supposed to sip mineral water instead. Well you sober minded people can sit back down and take a chill pill. By the way, alcohol gets such a bad rap. Whassup? Prohibition much? Sorry for the tangent.

Lesson: A grasshopper that sits in silence while prey attacks is one that does not use his brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment