Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Luck vs. Fate


I received a phone call from Shane. He had just been rear ended on Bay and Larkin and the back of his head was bleeding. As I sat at my desk, my eyes swelled with tears, and my head swirled with all sorts of horrific tantrums. All I wanted to do is breakdown and cry, I prayed that he would be okay. I hoped and prayed that he would be the same person that sang to me that same morning. The same man that tries to grab my attention by dancing in the middle of the living room during my favorite show. Please, let him be okay. I prayed to the ears that had the right to his destiny.

Fortunately, he suffered minimum damage to the back of his head. He walked away from the wreck absent of concussion and headache. I thanked the angel that was responsible for this strike of luck.

There is a daily ritual that I practice. I make sure I tell him how much I love him. In that way, I will not live in regret of what we have no control over. The future holds the upper hand to our fate. I am greatful and certainly thankful for the richness of our love and happiness.

Lesson: Grasshopper should always remember that luck shadows humbleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment