Monday, March 06, 2006

Splice of Life



So for now, the baby train has been derailed for another year. Gasp. Did the room just go silent? Did someone just drop a dish in the kitchen? Did a woman’s water just break? Quickly, grab a paper bag and breath. Listen, I’m not getting any younger, but for once, my body is in the best shape ever! I’m shedding more weight than a pig in a sauna. I can hear my mom, “shame, tsk, shame, tsk.” Selfish is what I like to call it. I can’t help it, I love being healthy aka not to be mistaken with slender. If I have a child now, it’ll always be about the child and I’m just damn frightful. Certainly, I’ll love our child, but I’m just apprehensive of making that move that will forever switch my way of life. I think to be a parent is to be selfless. Damnit, I’m just feeling like 2006 is a year of self improvement; the bondo of the mind and the body.

Positively, most of my friends with kids have definitely bounced back to slim, but unfortunately my genetics are -to put it lightly- ghastly. I just pray subsequent to baby that I am able to return to the gym and fight the good fight against fat. I want to be all about the baby, but I want to look good too. I guess the older I get, the less resilient this body grows. I had no idea that my vanity was so strident. It’s all a blunder. On a sour note, I would like to digress that I can’t believe all the money I invested in a personal trainer last year. Indeed, I got extremely strong, but my pouch was always there to break me down. That pouch began to seed the thought that maybe I was part marsupial. Gals, if you wanna get nice and fit quickly, one word, box.

Lesson: A doltish Grasshopper is one that preaches about his enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment