Saturday, February 24, 2007

Third Trimester


I have entered the zone that many other females have dared entered before, the 30th week zone. Ten more weeks, give or take, and counting! Ten! Ten more weeks and our life is changed forever! Forever! Shriek! We're thrilled, but at the same time we have no idea of the whirlwind impact Kitchstar will bestow. This is huge! Monstrous! We've been warned that one can never be ready for the arrival of a baby. I believe it! Simply put, sleep deprived is a precursor for havoc in other departments of my existence. Shane and I are taking advantage of sleep as much as possible. We, naive individuals, enter the unknown frontier of parenthood.

Otherwise, my pregnancy has been enjoyable thus far. Despite my former lower back pain which is non-existent...knock on wood ...I'm back on track. Thankfully, yoga and pilates miraculously healed this trauma. Hallelujah praise Jesus. I'm a believer. So far, so good. It's been a pleasant pregnancy. More and more, Kitchstar's playing drum rolls in my belly. It is absolutely amazing! I 'll try to get Shane in on the action, but the baby seems to move faster than a hare on wheels. It's tricky this one.

Shellie's Proverb: Laughter will bring lightness to your life.

The diabetes is, for the most part, being maintained by diet, exercise, and insulin oh my! Sure I have my bouts of depression usually after I inject my belly with insulin, but Shane always reminds me that it could be worse. He reminded me of our quickness to conceive. He proceeded to remind me that we have someting special. He was right. He's always right. That's what so great about him. He always knows what to say. Smile. I am hoping that the third trimester gods is as generous as they were in the past two. It has been a pleasure!

Lesson: Grasshopper must learn to swim before he can skip stone on lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment