Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mother Dome


I write as if I’m the only mother in the world. In fact, I have a few gal friends that are in the process of joining the motherhood fellowship. Erin, Aussy, and Bliss (in that order) will be mothers this year. I applaud them for walking this exciting plank. Motherhood is everything and more. There’s nothing like it. It is so effen cool! Sleepless nights, dirty diapers, breast feeding, oh my! Kidding. Hunter has made my life rich with happiness. To think they count the days to meet their special little one that flourishes in the belly. Sigh.

I can’t wait to have my second, third, and so forth child. I can’t wait to have a house full of Kitchens. I’ve enjoyed Hunter so much and can’t wait for him to mentor and possibly kick around his future siblings. Time it flashes before me. He’s gone from laying on his back to flipping over to crawling to pulling himself up. His gibberish conversation crumbles my soul into little tiny pieces. It’s all a bit too much for me to take. It is overwhelming to think that it’s almost been a year. Sniffle.

I am thrilled for them as they will never know the strength these little babies have on us, until they arrive. I sit back and watch from the sidelines as they enjoy their own experience of pregnancy into motherhood. In great expectations, I wish them love, well, and joy.

This is Shellie saying, "Mother's Effen Rule!" Back to you Bob at the studio!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it's all you say and more!! Right now, I'm just big and uncomfortable and can't imagine this process ever ending! :-(

    I want my baby out (to be called Jack) but then I'm deathly afraid... cuz then, I'll have a kid! (yikes!)

    Thanks for the encouragement tho!! xoxo, E

    ReplyDelete