Monday, August 18, 2008

One Step Towards Mankind


It is official! At 15 months, Hunter has taken his first steps. Sigh. Walking is such an enormous feat. I should be calendaring his surging developments, but I haven’t been doing such a good job. It happened so fast! I feel victimized by time. Although he’s only a year and some months, time is swift. His birth vivid in my mind, thus photos of his infancy remind me -like all of us- we are just game to the master “time.” I am a fool as a slight err of somber hinders my celebration. Nonetheless, his adorable triumph to travel around on his new found legs has my heart whipped up in all kinds of inspiration.

More and more, I discover that the miracle of life is amazing. In retrospect, I can conclude that motherhood, and being a wife, kicks ass! It is so fantastic! I am going to explode in sheer delight! Not even his wild and crazy toddler antics can dissuade me from this unselfish bliss. It may all seem silly to the non-parent, but my soul has never brewed such wild adoration for such magnificence. Perhaps, when he’s sixteen and he tells me that I’m ridiculous and to stick it where the sun don’t shine! I’ll have great memories that will subdue me from possibly choking him into submission.

As we are open neglectors, we took the whole family (Hunter, Chloe, and Oliver) to Ocean Beach yesterday. The dogs dashed like demon fire in circles and crazy eights around Hunter. My son continued his tender walking balance, oblivious to the canine chaos that had passers by ogling. He continued un-phased by his environment and took the next step without caution. He walked ahead fearless as the gentle breeze sweeps in our direction, Shane looks over, "life is good."

This is Shellie taking the gold medal in the sappy mom race back to you Bob at the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment