Friday, August 01, 2008

Soul to Sole



It is no top secret that I am a victim to shopping. Online or on site, I am whole heartedly addicted. My husband likes to refer to my condition as impulsive compulsive, but I feel, like all females, we are equipped with the shopping disease. As a new parent, I have learned to curb my vice by displaced addiction. That’s right. I have found a justified reason to increase my son’s wardrobe. Guilt free.

It was on that suspicious day; I forgot my gym bag and was tussled into the peril of the internet on my lunch. “Hmmm,” I thought, “Heels.com, Piperlime.com, Zappos.com,” I found myself endlessly skimming the sales for last seasons pairs as the day before my new puppy Oliver had gotten his pesky little jaws on six pairs of my shoes including three designer pair. Sob. Than I remembered that Shane wanted to purchase a special “phat” pair of sneakers for Hunter. I thought it would be nice of me to make that purchase on his behalf.

I was on a mission. I had a task to complete. One pair for Hunter coming up! I was aware of my husband’s selective nature. He absolutely loathed crocs and anything of the sort and as his wife, I second that motion. A couple clicks, double clicks, I found perfection. There it was just like I imagined the Adidas III. True precision for a toddler. This multi colored toddler size kicks were equipped with velcro straps. As it wouldn’t be considered shopping if I stopped now, I pursued additional pairs for shop’s sake.

My purchases were completely justified, regardless of the price. It was an essential. I felt exhumed with bliss. It felt good to give. Since the birth of my son on May 9, 2007, I can honestly say I have put my son and husband before myself. As the ninth child of ten siblings, I have played the role of spoiled brat to the tenth power. Was it my destiny to be generous of heart? Not if I had any say. Here I am a mother, a parent, and a wife. Happiness couldn’t come at a better time.

This is Shellie sole searching back to you Bob at the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment