Saturday, October 15, 2005

Lucky Star



I am a very lucky woman. I am loved by a man who works his finger to the bone and never shuns a complaint. Every morning from the time his feet touches the floor he is off and running. He packs my breakfast while I’m getting dressed for work. He calls me at work exactly at 12:35pm to wish me a good day. He calls me at 3:30pm to wish me a good day and to see if he could pick up anything from the grocery store. By the time I get home, the dishes are done, the bed is made and the house spotless. The laundry has been dropped off at the fluff and fold. He says he does this to make my day easier. This coming from a man that laboriously works eight hours a day. Taking pride in everything that he does, he always goes above and beyond the call of duty. A man that comes home covered in dust and dirt with the intent to make my life easier.

Flashback: Yesterday, I’ve been home from work for a good twenty minutes. I look up at the television and there sat a white orchid and a purple orchid. He remembered that I wanted to spice up my desk at work with orchids and went ahead and bought one for me and my co-worker.

His thoughtfulness captivates me. So the least I can do is cook a 3 course dinner every night.This is why I refrain from all nagging. This is why I choose my battles and complaints wisely, if at all. This is why he gets a golf hassle free card. This is why he is my sweets. My love. My husband. My man.

This is my one simple algorithm to gushy happiness.

Lesson: Female Grasshopper never lay your eggs in the first burrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment