Thursday, October 20, 2005

Vehicles are Personal




Last names are like automobiles, some of them basic, cushy, comfortable like a '72 Chevy Wagon. Meanwhile, others are sassy like a mint 1959 Porsche. Amid the mediocre, are the Rolls Royce and the Jags with all the whistles and bells, the dashing and debonair names passed down from generation to generation. On the other hand, there are a few unlucky names that reek Pinto and I'm not talking about the bean.

I am eager to take my new name on a test drive. I know today’s woman want to remain strong and independent. (Sisters, throw your hands up in the air!) Secretly, I believe that women prefer to have their cake and eat it too, hence "hyphenate." Ew! Like the Hybrid! Please don't put me in a corner and stone me for not respecting the environment with that comment.

Not me! Little miss non-traditional, well, next to being a housewife, I don’t mind this tradition at all. As of today, I will be known as Mrs. Shane Kitchen. The new and improved, hyphen free me.

Trends and fads fade rapidly like the Gremlin and the Delorean. I think that Kitchen is charming, old fashioned, and stylish. I intend to head forth towards the on ramps and off ramps into the highway and byways of life riding comfortably in my jalopy Cadillac Seville next to my sweetie pie Shane Kitchen.

Lesson: Little Grasshopper can not make friends by playing in the mud, but only if clean behind the ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment