Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Drencher


Start building your ark, because it's coming down baby! Yes, it's been raining for straight weeks now and the depression is starting to set it's claws. I don't mind the rain one bit. I mean coming from Hawaii, this is a treat. As a rule of thumb, I brighten my day with a loud piece of wardrobe such as the lime green cashmere cardigan that's keeping me snug.

The rain has been causing a lot of distress on many. I myself would rather live through rain than a drought. Take advantage of this weather and cuddle up to a good book and a warm cup of chamomile tea. If your feeling mighty feisty, grab your snowboard and head up to Tahoe. If you get bored, pick up your needles and knit a nice scarf. Invite a friend over for a game of chess. Host a dinner party with a nice warm stew and wine. There's lots of things you can do besides mourn the absence of sunshine. So hold on to your booties, the forecast for the next two weeks is rain.

Lesson: A carefree grasshopper who cartwheels in fresh filth is always happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment