Sunday, April 30, 2006

Happy! Happy! Perfect! Joy! Joy!


I popped out of bed as the sunshine creeped onto our bedside. I looked over, as much as I wanted to jab my husband like a pesky insect to wake up and enjoy the day, I decided to leave him be. Plus, it was seven thirty in the morning. I lounged on our bedroom deck as the glee began to take its toll. From where I sat, the San Francisco bay was as calm as my soul. I felt special. I was happy! I am blessed. I am grateful for the love and aloha that burns inside me and surrounds me everyday.

Life was simple and my mind was clear. I do not find the need for a pair of shoes, or to pork out on double dutch strawberry chocolate chip pancakes, or a glass of bubbly, or to feel that I have to travel the globe. I am content. It is a good day to be alive.

I wanted to share this goodness with friends by inviting them over for a barbecue. It was the perfect day for it! Our backyard awaited good company, good conversation to this carefree life.

Shellie's Proverb: Best eat rice porridge when hot.

Shane perked out of bed and was business as usual. He slipped on his garden gloves and began to deweed the backyard. He made certain that our home was in tip top shape to welcome loved ones. In his obsessive compulsive madness, he proceeds to saw down a dead tree in our front yard. My man was on a sweaty rampage, but I like it!

We sat in the backyard relishing every moment of the heat. We chased the sun until the sun created more shadows. After a marvelously radiant day surrounded by friends and delicious food, Sunday gently came to an end. We went to bed with the sliding door open and allowed the warm wind to seep into our bedroom. Today was a perfect day.

Lesson: A blessed Grasshopper is one with limbs in tact, brain in check, and a heart of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment