Monday, September 18, 2006

First Appointment

What’s the best thing about a birthday? It’s getting what you wish for? My wish was pregnancy. Today was my first official appointment with my midwife and everything is looking tip top!

Sue McDonald, the fabulous midwife, previous to the ultrasound warned me that we would just see a glob and to refrain from any cartwheels. Incidentally - according to her excitement- I was 1 in 2 cases of an early pregnancy that evidently indicated an actual text book image of a heart beat and the egg yolk. Heck, Sue was more excited than I was, because she was wigging out! The sight of the microscopic heart beating rapidly was a definite tripper! “What do you think?” Sue inquired. Completely in awe, I answered, “Whoa what a trip? I'm freaked out!”

Sue provided the due date and the measurements of the growing ‘peanut’. As I drove home ecstatic, I was thrilled to share the ultrasound picture with Shane. It’s going to be an exciting time. It’s Supernova! The pregnancy is so freaky fresh! It’s alive! This is a natural phenomenon. It'S so cool and it’s all goodness. Happy Birthday to me. Glee!

Lesson: Grasshopper must always take risks to learn new lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment