Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Kitchens are Potent
We did it!


The eagle has landed. The rooster has crowed. We have reached Shangri-La! That's right folks a future Kitchen is conceived. Cross my fingers. The cute little bun has taken shelter in my belly and is growing at a rate faster than germs on wheels! I can hear the sadness from men all around the world as they prepare a burial of once was a free man.

Phew! A sigh of relief. As I was advised that it would take at least 6 months to a year to achieve. We were sternly reminded to not expect instant fertilization. Nonetheless, Shane and I didn't think it would happen so soon. The first month was for kicks and giggles. Well, we were in Hawaii so you know what paradise and vacation equals?

Shellie’s Proverb: It takes a drunk couple to delude the responsibilities of making a child.

Ahem, the second month was all about the science of the art. Body temperature to be exact. As I decipher my ovulation period which is similar to recalibrating the world’s axis, Shane is another story, "Not today, I'm tired," he replied as his eyes displayed dark circles hanging heavy like bags. A woman should never have to plead nor whine? Shouldn’t it be a given? Besides, the one day we decide not to play could be the one shining moment! As soon as my temperature shot up, wham! It was down to the biznitch. At least I can clear the mildew and say, "that it was not an accident." Tee hee.

Shane and I are extremely delighted with the news. My excitement has increased beyond the height and depth of my being. Shane's initial response from the EPT test was that it was indefinite aka in denial, I tried to walk him through the technicalities such as hCG (a hormone that is produced by the placenta of a pregnant woman) that is detectable in the blood and urine 10 days of fertilization. As my official confirmation is on September 18, 2006, he awaits the response from my OBGYN to give him the go ahead to really start celebrating for instance, puking and wigging out. Until then, he is attempting to get as much golf in the next nine months as possible. In the meantime, I'll strap myself in tight and try not use Shane as a filthy doormat, because this prego maniac is on the ride of her life!

Lesson: Young Grasshopper remembers along with new life is the end to an old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment