Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Boo!


In previous years, Halloween has been my Christmas and Thanksgiving all rolled up into a jelly roll. Is it the power of disguise that I find thrilling? Is it because I could be anyone without seeming absolutely schizophrenic? Whatever my attraction is to Halloween, this year it's all fizzle. I do believe I suffered a Halloween overdose last year and I am still recovering. I mean three costumes in three nights, my heart goes out to you, Elton John.

Shellie's Proverb: One cannot slurp soup with fork.

Angela, Jill, Greg, Vanessa, and Minitti showed up for a pre party prior to Jeeun's birthday part on Friday night! I wasn't jonesing, but a shot of tequila shot would have hit the g spot. Okay maybe I was. Instead I opted for pineapple juice on the rocks. Make that a triple! Furthermore, I hogged the fruit platter. Yes, that's me the hungry pregnant woman sitting amongst my drunk karaoke fiends. Shane and Minitti dressed as geeks as usual they got into character and very well I might add, and took over the dance floor. Considering my love bun in my belly, my costume alternatives were slim. That night, I played photographer and took photos that could possibly fall in the black mail category. I must add that this Halloween has been the tamest in the past years.

Since alcohol has no place in my system, this year I'm passing out candy and cozying up to an American Haunting with Shane and Chloe. Considering that we live in Potrero Hill, I have a feeling we'll be bombarded with kids, hence movie watching maybe difficult. It's a change and I don't mind it. I don't mind the brakes, it's been a hectic life and the slow lane sounds really good for a woman in a wheelchair. I kid. Who says you have to be at a costume party to let your fangs out? It's Halloween!

Lesson: A versatile Grasshopper must be willing to cross bamboo over rushing water to master the ways of the master.

No comments:

Post a Comment