Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's all about Timing



J. Minnitti, a dear friend, is staying with us from Costa Rica. It's been a super thrill to have another female in the house. She and Darren, her husband, are also trying. As I never in a thousand days, thought that we would conceive so quickly. I wished upon the gods that she and I would be simultaneous. Selfish, but true. Although our friend Meaghan also has a bun in the oven, although it's like her third child, she's a pro. The three amigas. It would've been tres chic! All in good time, young Kitch, all in good time.

Shellie's Proverb: Man cannot chew gum with no teeth.

I really looked forward to sharing my first experience with J.Min, since it would both be our first. It would be a prego party! I kicked the ball around regarding visiting Tamarindo during my pregnancy and sitting side by side as our bellies absorb the beautiful Costa Rican sunshine hanging. It's all fantasy at this point. Fortunately, I have my fellow veterans (sisters and friends), but it's not the same, because they've already experienced the war time and time again. The first time is crucial. For instance, like my first kiss was absolutely bizarre. Not to mention, the first time was awkward and unmemorably memorable. I thought to myself, "This is what people kill, steal, and die for? Eck. Losers."

Save your tears, it's not worth shedding. All is not lost or forlorn, I just had a tiny head start. Since she's visiting for the month of September, it allowed her to avoid a due date that would fall on the dark month of the Gemini. No personal jab to you Gemini's, I would just prefer to not give birth to one. Thus, I will be thoroughly green and envious, if she lands herself a Virgo through Capricorn skip the Scorpio. On the flipside, my ignorance landed a challenging sign, I am scheduled to have the horns! The bull. Ouch!

Despite her intriguing fashion designer background where the likes of Gucci and Luis Vuitton is trite. She will evangelistically give you a two hour dissertation on how and why obscure designer jeans make the perfect fit. "The wardrobe is all about pieces," she always says, "beautiful and classic pieces!" She has also found solace in Iyengar yogi studying under the great master Manuoso. It is a true delight to have her as a friend. A sparkplug of a woman that will talk an atheist's head off about Buddhism and why it's the most logical religion. I wish her all the best of luck and enjoy during the process of making babies. As she is a great person, she will make a great mother as well. Viva Capricorn!

Lesson: A young grasshopper must cross the path of hot coals to enjoy the journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment