Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Miracles can happen!


Today, is a new day! Today, I am exuberated and could run a marathon....well, maybe walk up a hill. It all started when I volunteered to drop Shane and Kurt at BART so they could catch the A's playoffs. Even though Shane and I had prior plans, as we have friends coming to stay with us tomorrow, my tendency to dismember one of his body parts were non existent. I felt normal. The old Shellie was back! Furthermore, when I reminded him that we needed flowers to fluff up the home and he arrived empty handed, I was declined to violently disembowel my husband. I didn't feel the need to shriek from the top of my lungs or throw my wedding ring across the room. Oh, happy days are here again!

Shellie's Proverb: Never pet a dog that is foaming at the mouth.

I grabbed Chloe to join me in my festivities of running errands. Yes, the pup goes everywhere with me and no, I do not carry her like a clutch, thank you very much. I had to make a quick stop at Rainbow as it is the only store in town that carries Wullaby yogurt for seventy nine cents. Besides, they have the best organic products that won't dent your check book. Regardless, they have the most beautiful and vast cheese selection in town that will make a French monsieur weep.

My lethargic brume is magically lifted like a terrible spell. My record slump is broken! It is a miracle, the parting of the red sea. I headed home and picked up the house, played with Chloe, made dinner, and fit some time in to watch a chick flick. It's a beautiful day and I am in a wonderful mood! Glee! Life is good! I'm in love! I'm happy! I'm thankful for all that I have and all that I am. Sorry, but I can't save this speech to Thanksgiving, because now is the time to give thanks and praise! Wow! These Zoloft pills are really kicking in. Surely, I kid. I would be so privileged for more days like this and I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind it one bit. I am nearing the end of my first trimester and I see a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Lesson: A kind Grasshopper must share his bowl of porridge with his starving enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment