Sunday, March 11, 2007

Baby Shower


As Shane saw it fit to celebrate my baby shower by rounding all of his buddies for golf and than afternoon cocktails into the wee hours of the noon day, I was subject to tradition and a golden tradition at that. On Saturday, girlfriends Angela, Sofia, Aussy hosted a baby shower for yours truly. I must admit that I was touched by the kindness and generosity displayed. Sniffle. It was the perfect sunny and warm day. I couldn't ask for anything more. I was showered with love, laughter, and happiness.

At thirty weeks, about seven months, my buoyant body made way to the baby shower. It was heart touching to be surrounded by my girlfriends and family. Further amazing, were the company of girlfriends that had the opportunity to bond. There's nothing more lovely than a bunch of girls gabbing, eating, and being merry. I am so fortunate to have such lovely friends and family. My two neices were present trying to snatch the clothes pins at the drop of the word "baby!" Of course, they were games and prizes. I enjoyed a memorable flute of mimosa and boy did it go down swell! Champagne, the liquid of my loins. The food spread was amazing! No holds barred on my carb intake. I'm sure I soared off the charts, but I was not going to register it into my glucose journal. My girlfriends were considerate enough to provide sugar free cookies. Aren't they just the sweetest? How I devoured these cookies like it was oxygen. Did I mention the miniature cupcakes from whole foods! Yum in my tum.

Down to the nitty gritty. Presents! My, the pile of gifts. Each gift wrapped meticulously with care, I felt terrible having to dispense the paper. Each clothing item were so adorably tiny, like socks! I could cry! Generosity overflowed from the handmade knit blanket and snug hat (umbilical cord) made by super Mom Kitchen to the stuffed animals, books, and other essentials. Although the mother of all gifts, drum roll please, the bugaboo! I know! Fancy pee in my pantsee! Kitchstar is not worthy, but Uncle John, Aunt Nyra, Jill and Greg seem to think so. This is all new to me? I took it all the positivity in like a field of spring flowers, because I knew in a few months I would be confined to the needs of Kitchstar.

Shellie's Proverb: A smile is contagious.


Essentially, I would like to take a moment to thank the girls for putting on such an elegant and memorable baby shower. Sofia for investing the time to haggle everyone together and for such a beautiful invitation! Angela for spear heading the games department and for providing your ever so delectable deviled eggs. Aussy for hosting the celebration at your humble...cough...mansion...I mean humble abode. I am ever so lucky to have females like you in my life! Of course, the absence of Mom, Mom Kitchen, Chris, Meaghan, Minniti, and Erin was apparent. Well, I had dinner with Meaghan and Stella that evening, but it would have been bomb, if she was present at the shower. Smile. But, such is life! I look forward to returning the favor when the pregnant fairy beckons you.

At the closing of the day, it wasn't about the gifts. It was about the gathering and celebrating. It meant a lot. It was significantly special. The baby shower has come and gone and now the big day is on the horizon. We have yet to put together the make shift nursery. There's a lot to do in the next few weeks. My husband has one last hurrah in Cabo for his best friend's, TC, bachelor party. Than it's time to kick him into husband mode. I can easily say that I've allowed him a lot of slack, since my pregnancy. Now it's time to reel that big fish in. Sorry boys, the husband needs to tend to the homestead. Smile.

Lesson: A happy Grasshopper is a content grasshopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment