Thursday, March 22, 2007

Space the Final Frontier


Shane left for the Baja coast of Cabo San Lucas this morning with his cronies. A weekend to myself. Ah, what a relaxing feeling. Obviously, it's boys weekend in girls gone wild country in the spring break region. This wild girl will take a break this weekend and wallow in the sunshine of spring with my fellow chicas. I'm having dinner with Angela and Jill tonight at my favorite restaurant Salt House. Yum mee! I can't wait. Although my endurance for sitting in one spot has become a slight burden, I always manage to make it through without whining. Ouch.

My two sisters are sleeping over on Friday and Saturday night without their kids! Yippee! Do you have any idea what a big favor I've done them? No kids? I don't think they know what to do with themselves. What will they do with all the silence and the non-bickering? They're big plan is to bring over a bunch of filipino food on friday and plop on that couch and feast. I, of course, am unable to indulge in the filipino food fiesta, due to my gestational diabetes.

Shellie's Proverb: A rotund person will never go hungry.

The weather's looking spectacular this weekend so maybe I'll drag my sisters to Chrissy Fields early Saturday for a short brisk walk than to brunch. Although Laurie, my middle sis, is absolutely addicted to shopping and is trying her best to coerce us into shopping for the baby. Honestly, I'm not sure how much more stuff baby needs. We went through the baby's clothes and between socks, hats, onesies, pants, shirts, towels, and blankets, Kitchstar's wardrobe is growing faster than a bacteria in a petri dish. There's only room for one in the clothes department in this household...um that would be me.

As the chatter broke the barrier of the goings on in Cabo, something about Borat and swimsuit, ahem...cough...I can only imagine what fun my husband is having. Smile. Enjoy it, because this baby is coming faster than a tortoise on roller skates.

Lesson: A wise Grasshopper must not attempt an axe kick with a limp foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment