Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Update


The nursery is coming cozy. Since there will be many visitors, we decided to keep the second room as the guest room. Besides, the narrow flight of stairs simply gives me anxiety attacks. I've slipped down those stairs in the middle of the night and I was not going to chance it with Kitchstar. Look at me, I'm already fussy with circumspect. Ill. The nursery will be in the front section of the downstairs equipped with bay windows. We divided the downstairs with a wall of sheer white curtains. We removed the monstrous obstruction of the dining table for we don't foresee any lavish dinner parties anytime in the near future. I think the show Top Design has become a menace to our perspective.

The Kitchen household has been really productive. After the closing of a work day and preparing dinner, we proceed to put the finishing touches on Kitchstar's room. In the past few days, Shane's been focused, assembling the dresser, the glider, ottoman, and the crib. It took him the same time to put together the crib as it took me to assemble a six piece hamper with the annoying assistance of an allan wrench. Frightening I know. That's why he builds houses and I keep my nose of it.

As we'll probably have to move in the next few months, we are attempting to make the room as comfortable as sanely possible. As I am not a fan of frill, color schemes, ruffles, bows, and doodads can just catch the next train ticket to Mars. I am leaning towards a zen shui feel like the tranquil sound of running water, bamboo, clean lines, and flowing curtains. Since I'll be spending most my time with the baby, between the crying, puking, pooping, peeing and lack of sleep, it might as well be harmoniously serene.

We were up past eleven last night organizing the front room, buzzing with focus, we were both sick of being procrastinators. Since Shane's gone this weekend, we wanted to get a head start as you never know when the baby comes. If Kitchstar arrives early, than we're in heavy and deep poo. As fate wears many masks, I just prefer to be one step ahead.

Shellie's Proverb: A brick will strengthen a house, but a brick can not make you strong.


Speaking of fate, Kitchstar's definitely growing! Evidently, the movements are stronger. It's so cool! I love the mommy and baby Morse code. It punches when it's starving. It kicks when I'm eating. I've been gaining a pound a week in the past two weeks and growing. I keep trying to slow it down to prevent the slightest development of stretch marks, plus I have seven more weeks to go. Yes, I'm superficially vain, say a prayer for me you religious fanatics. I don't understand as I've been working out everyday. You think that my fat loss would equivocate to the baby's weight gain. Well, that's my logic it doesn't have to make sense.

The Kitchen household is slowly coming together. The babies room is very cool! It's comfortable, inviting, and cozy. We're very proud of the hard work and late nights we've invested, because the outcome is fabulous! Meanwhile, Shane will be boozing it up in Mexico this Thursday, I will attempt to put together our birthing plan and read up further on the alternatives, expectations of birthing. As I am regularly hounded to read Ina May's Guide to Child birthing, because of my shear terror of giving birth I just might complete the task this weekend. As both my sisters are spending the weekend at the house, I'm sure I'll find some alone time.

Lesson: A wise grasshopper must practice in order to become the master of his art.

No comments:

Post a Comment