Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Caffeine


As I have been caffeine free previous to the birth of Hunter, I was thrown under the wagon wheel the day I returned to work. There’s nothing like sipping a warm cup of tea in the morning, but my office is not equipped with the warm water dispenser, thus heating water in a microwave debunks the beauty of tea. It’s like poaching an egg in the microwave, ew! Oh how, I long for a nice mug of genmaichi. Hence, I have succumbed to the essence of black mud.

It all started with a harmless cup of decaf hoping the little evidence of caffeine would give me the right boost. Between Hunter’s late night wailings and my having to be on point at work only called for the real stuff. One cup of thick brewed peets. In truth, I never finished a cup, because a few sips did me in.

As a final protest, I wrote off coffee and caffeine. Did I really need it? What’s a couple sips? I did away with nicotine this should be a parade. “Slam!” I walked straight into a brick wall. I am struggling. Especially, after a late night dinner party, I’m hanging from tooth and nail. I struggle to hold my two ton eyelids awide. My head brainwarps into a blank stare, pulling me into a deep abyss of nothing. As amnesia drops an arsenal on my memory, I sit amidst paper and files trying to grasp the vacancy effect.

I try to counteract the lethargy with a nice refreshing glass of room temperature water, guzzling 10 ounces in two seconds flat. I repeated the guzzling until my belly couldn't take it anymore, each breath brought chest pains. I was about to explode. I defy the advice of my acupuncturists to drink no more than eight glasses of water a day. Did the eastern medicine practice know more than the french who drink as much water as they’re daily butter intake? I tried everything like blasting Flashdance’s Maniac on the speakers and working up a sweat dancing like I’ve never danced before. That only further exceeds my exhaustion. There I slouched in my office chair bloated, sweaty, and exasperated.

Finally, between the sweating and bloating, it hit me. I need to switch up my daily routine! Instead of working out at the end of the day, I would do it on my lunch! Eureka! I’ve struck gold. As I absolutely adore Bakar Fitness, compromises need to be met. Working out on my lunch has provided that extra "hmph" of energy. Adios coffee. Hello cardio!

This is Shellie gasping for air from the escalator doodad that goes nowhere back to you bob at the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment