Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Luxurious


I quickly made my way off the Third street train with gym bag and purse in hand. My pace and heart quickened with anticipation as I strode up the 280 over pass on 20th street. In three inch heels, I hiked up the vertical hill towards home. Chloe’s sharp bark was evident as her white head bopped in the front window. She barked ferociously as I approached the top of the stairs. “Chloe please,” I closed the door behind me as this puppy of a dog pawed endlessly at my slacks, “stop it.” I quickly dropped my things and headed for the sink for a good antibacterial lather. The house was spotless as Hunter, freshly bathed in his christmas pajamas, smiled boasting his new teeth.

“Hi mommy,” Martha greeted me with a hug, “he went to sing a long class, and he loves to clap clap with music. He went to playground and played with girlfriend. He pull her hair like this,” she demonstrated his early flirtations with the other sex, “He made big poo poo, two poo poos. He ate dinner and bath.” She meticulously covered Hunter’s daily activities.

“What time did he eat?” I scooped Hunter up as he sat at my feet.

“About four thirty, pollo and rice, yogurt, and water.” Martha a mother and student gathered her things, “say ma ma?” She instructed Hunter to repeat after her.

“Ma ma.” He laughed and waved his arms. There it was the very words that I’ve been patiently waiting for. The words that took a back seat to “da da and la la.” The two syllables that brought me closer to smitten. I held him tight as he repeated the two most special words to date. As I wanted to hold on to this moment longer, he began to wiggle rambunctiously breaking our unity. I placed him down so he could venture the wooden floors with his newly discovered crawling feature. He scrambled away to the front window, “ma ma mama ma ma,” he pulled himself up from the window sill to peep at the world outside.

There it was short and sweet. He and my husband were the real reasons behind my sprint home from work. Another minute away from home is a negligent minute wasted. There’s nothing in existence that could substitute for the lush and richness of my home.

This is Shellie speechless from the center universe of my heart back to you Bob at the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment