Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Reality Bites


Alright, I will come out with it. One of my guilty pleasures is reality television. I know I should be stoned and left for dead in a midst of hungry wolves. Reality television has become one of my closet addictions. As Shane absolutely loathes the concept of my addiction, he has grown to love a few of my favorites. Actually, not one of my favorites, Shane shamelessly watches Making the Band 4. He somehow finds a deep connection with -cheese factor- Donnie. Shane's modest illusion of himself when he was Donnie's age. Shameless.

As I routed for the 21 year old Christian Siriano from the beginning of Project Runway’s season four. Last week, he “fiercely” took the winner’s position. It’s shows like this that makes my heart grow fond. It's an opportunity for talented dreamers to aspire. Christian is the poo so take a whiff! This little whipit of a 21 year old was absolutely amazing and pulled through flawlessly with each challenge. Now that Project Runway is done my heart is not saddened as my diamond of all gems starts tonight!

Top Chef! I can usually sniff out the winner from the first show. The winner is confidently produces dishes that include simple components, but hold complex flavors. Each quick fire challenge always gets my blood pumping, I hang by the seat of my pants. Twenty minutes to create an innovative dish out of gas station food is phenomenal. The dishes range from “off the hinges” or for some “not even a hinge.” Furthermore, I love to hear what Bourdain will say next. This season there are four chefs that hail from San Francisco. One of them, I’ve had the displeasure of staging for a line position, a cocky one dimensional chef that is a “shoemaker” as they say in the culinary world. As I have always been keen on picking the winner from the very beginning, I am predicting his stint on Top Chef will be short lived.

There you have it. My confession in writing. As my affinity for Law and Order, Entourage, Californication, Tudors, Big Love, The L Word (in that order) lives on. I still find myself surfing basic cable for reality television. So drop whatever your doing and grab your bowl of rosemary parmesan seasoned popcorn and plop your bums on the couch, it’s Top Chef Season 4!

This is Shellie where today’s reality is reality television back to you Bob at the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment