Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Apple Spider


I’m back from NYC! Frown. Although those three short days felt like a week, I could have stayed longer. Guggenheim, Soho & Noho, Moma, Cocktails, Dining, Shopping, Washington Square Park, Pastrami on Rye, Cocktails, Amateur Night at the Apollo, Hotdogs, Wollman Rink in Central Park, Pizza, Lower East Side, Bagels & Brooklyn. I barely scratched the surface of my beloved city.

Since we landed at 630am, yes an absurd hour, Vanessa and I dropped our luggages off and jumped on the train to Springer Street. If you haven't shopped in a delirious mental state, I suggest you try it! Meanwhile on Canal Street, I was on a hunt for the dark alley ancient chinese secret special. Onforth, we strolled through Soho and Tribeca. A few hundred dollars light, and we were back at the hotel than back out to H&M. Shopping is to Shellie as little boys are to priests.

Anthony managed to talk his way into a jam packed Italian restaurant by mentioning a friend of the family. A man by the name of Nino or Pepe or something Italian like Giuseppe. Anyway, the food was consistently beyond exceptional. It was absolutely dreamy.

Flashback: Summer of 98, I strutted down Ludlow with maximum blurred vision suddenly like a strike of a thunderbolt, my knees buckled and my stomach gave way to the wicked. There I was huddled over trying to direct my fluids into the gutter. My multi-talented friends chuckled, yet managed to hold my hair back from the projectile. As soon as my alchohol purge fizzled, my audience of bouncers and bar folks clapped and cheered just like I did as a child at the circus. In fact, they insisted that I come in and enjoy a few cocktails compliments of the owner.

I whipped through the city as fast as I could as time mocked me. I adore San Francisco, but NYC is still my grandioso favorite! Favorite. Favorite!

Lesson: A healthy Grasshopper should drink tiny doses of poison to maintain strength and vitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment