Sunday, November 06, 2005

Free Bird



I dropped Shane off at Oakland airport this morning. As much as I’m going to miss him, I couldn't wait to enjoy the time to myself. See in a relationship, I mean... marriage there's a thing called compromise. Most of the time, I am proud to put Shane before myself. I think I heard a few shudders and faints from the femininist corner. I'm just old school filipino yo.

Flashback: Mom orchestrated the kids to clean the house in a jiffy before Dad got home by cussing in gibberish filipino and whapping us with the broom. His comfortability was vital to her. She always had breakfast, lunch and dinner ready. She always saved the significantly largest piece of protein for him. On the same token, Dad ensured mom’s happiness by treating her like a Queen. After dinner, he’d whoo her from the kitchen into the parlor. Mom, as usual, always giggled like a little girl.

Don't get me wrong, I feel no resentment, I enjoy making him happy. It is not a hassle. But! Don't mistake me for one without a spine. On the contraire froyer, if there's time to be had, I will always take advantage of time to myself. I think it’s extremely important to feed my soul with goodness.

Subsequent to dropping him off, I walked the hills of Dolores Heights with girlfriends. Subsequently, we had a nice cold smoothie and bathed in the beautiful sunshine at Dolores Park. We followed up with a light lunch at Limon. Sure, the service was slow, but I was in good company. I proceeded to my hip hop class for the next two hours. I had plans to meet up with the girls for late noon cocktails, but I had to fit in a good hour for my personal therapy cough clothes shopping cough.

I met up for dinner at Medjool which was absolutely divine! For as much as I wanted to go to a movie, we went to shake our romps at a club. I steered clear from cocktails, since I was recently advised of it’s empty calories. In my sobriety, my inhibitions were in full effect. My dancing was not as smooth as if it was paired with a couple nice shots of chilled patron silver. All in all, I had a fantastic Saturday!

Sunday, has always been my day to decompress. Unfortunately, Shane’s always coercing me to bike, hike, or do something active. As he always comments, "it's a waste of a beautiful day to sit in the house." Instead, I met up with my sister and nieces and had a quick bite of sushi for lunch. Like the Lord, I choose to rest on the seventh day. In celebration of rest, I plopped my exhausted body on the couch for hours as my mind melted into the back of my head. In fact, I had to peel myself off the couch to prepare a nice hearty stew for myself early that evening.

Lesson: It is always advantageous for little Grasshopper to adapt in order to be wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment