Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Chickville



As much as maintaining a strong marriage is important, having girls night out is my spoonful of sugar. I believe that we weave hectic lives and it’s only fair that I advocate to set aside a moment to spend with my girlfriends.

Indeed, Shane has poker night with his boys. I’ve decided to organize a roundtable of girlfriends weekend. I’m not talking about a “girls gone wild woo hoo get drunk and take off your top for beads” experience. It's fulfilling about a bunch of giddy hens clucking away over a nice dinner and bottles of wine. I feel that in this day and age, it is vital to maintain your own identity and happiness instead of being joined at the hip to my husband like some obtuse bottleneck.

Lesson: Little Grasshopper, remember that a road to eternal bliss is when you are able to laugh at yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment