Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Let it Snow!


The past few weeks have been an enormous holiday snowball of tree trimmings, spiked eggnog, buttered rum, warm company and good cheer!

Flashback:

1977 December

Dear Santa and reindeers,

Hi. I been good. I went to church every sunday accept that Sunday my stomach was sore. I help mom do the dishes and laundry. Daddy spanks me when he is mad. He is mad a lot. Laurie pulls my hair and kick me off the top of the bunk bed. My brothers hit (not my youngest brother Nolan). Steven chases everyone around with knives when mommy and daddy are not home.

For Christmas, please can daddy be happier? Please make mommy rest more. My brothers stop hitting and calling me dubm? Please make me strong so my sister will stop being so mean. Um and please make Steven stop playing with knives & please help him to control his temperature. Oh and please look over my sister Mabel she does not live with us. If you can, I would really love jacks for christmas. Thank you.

Love,
Shellie

I love Christmas, because it’s a time for jubilation, kindness, enlightenment and forgiveness. Christmas provides me with a moment to overlook all the bad, foul, and the ugly. It helps me to remember and to never forget. Humble. It’s a time to put my qualms in check and move forth. I wish others the best in good thoughts and intentions and peace of mind.

Lesson: Grasshopper should always look both ways when jumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment