Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hawaii Five O


We are six days away from leaving for Hawaii to partake in the celebration of my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. I'm so excited! I can't wait to see my family! I haven't seen them since the wedding. They can't stop talking about the wonderful time they had in Kauai!

It is dé·jà vu all over again, planning another destination wedding. A lot of moving pieces, but not as hectic as last year. The primary factor was gathering funds for the reception. Considering last years debacle, I was well prepared to head the planning. As much as budget is key, yay our budget is very lean.

Shellie's Proverb: A wedding is brief a marriage is forever.

The family's pitching in to make ends meet. Chris, eldest, is doing the center pieces. The Albins, the fifth sibling, is burning the music on the CD(s); our favors. Nolan, youngest, is doing the decorating. Alvin, third eldest, is handling the food and vendor. Everyone else is filling in where they can. I designed and distributed the invitations, and created the artwork for the CD inserts and cover. As I am big saavy sop on Photoshop. Furthermore, mom will be so thrilled to see the dress I got for her. Whoopee!

It's all coming together. I'm looking foward to the once in a lifetime event. Mom and Dad are so excited for the family's homecoming. Most of all, they should be more excited for the big five oh.

Lesson: A humble Grasshopper in order to advance foward you must remember where you came from.

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 06, 2006

    Congratulations! Jealous you'll be in paradise!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 06, 2006

    Wow the big 50!!!! Are you having a luau?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 06, 2006

    Product of divorcee. Wouldn't know anything about love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 06, 2006

    they must get leid all the time.

    ReplyDelete