Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Professional Procrastinator


Hark, the countdown to paradise is at hand. Heed, I suspect a good thirty hours until our vacation. Tick. Tock. Estimated time of departure 6:45pm. Estimated time of arrival 9:04pm. I can't wait!

Roundtrip flight SFO to Honolulu w/car rental: $503
30 SPF Sunblock: $8
Sipping cocktails with Shane as the ocean washes over our feet: Priceless


Last week, I diligently arranged my weekend. Friday, I would get a good nights rest. Saturday, a healthy workout, laundry and packing. Voila! Sunday, mani pedi and the World Cup.

Shellie's Proverb: A business man without a watch is never on time.

R E A L I T Y:
__________________________

Friday was a last minute girls night guffaw with a pleasant concoction of dinner and Devil Wears Prada. Saturday, I trifled with the thought of my chores, but the burst of sunshine was too delectable to ignore. Just when I thought I could get my affairs in gear, I was graced with an evening of jazz in Potrero Park and spent the remaining time with the Grundmans. Sunday, my mani pedi became secondary as the World Cup and sleep deprivation took precedence.

I, the magnificent procrastinator, now yield to the despair of the aftermath. The sunblock rests atop the hoard of clothes waiting to be crammed into the luggage. The gaggle of sundries that need gathering. Crucial and of utmost care, do not forget mom's party dress. In my attempts to crush my bad habit of packing 3 hours prior to departure, despite boxing, last minute dinner plans, and getting to bed early, my chances to progress are nil.

Lesson: To achieve harmony Grasshopper must wade in the tranquil streams of feng shui.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 11, 2006

    Not alone in your procrastinator world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 11, 2006

    I never pack till the day before.

    ReplyDelete