Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cheese


Alien abduction or the Attack of the Body Snatchers, choose your sword. Pregnancy has the tendencies of being uncontrollable and unforeseeable. Just when I thought it was safe in the world of Shellie, my gums gave way to blood from a gentle morning brush. Seriously, it was like I was gargling blood. Heck, could it be all the sugar babies I was popping like pills? I quit smoking three years ago, yet I could be paying for it now? Could it be that I avoid the dentist like church on Sundays? Not too keen, I know. My concern for the well being of my gums was now code red. If I lost my teeth before forty, simply because I procrastinate, will be with the understanding that it was deserved. Thankfully, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow.

According to pregnancy facts, about fifty percent of pregnant women's gums bleed from flossing and brushing due to higher progesterone levels, which make gums react more to the bacteria in plaque, in addition to, the increased blood supply to my mouth. If not cared for it could develop into periodontitis, a more serious form of gum disease in which the infection goes beyond your gums into the bone and other tissue that support teeth. Some studies have even found that pregnant women with these conditions are significantly more likely to go into labor prematurely. Other research has shown an associate between chronic gum disease and preeclampsia, a serious pregnancy complication marked by high blood pressure and protein in the urine. I must brush after every meal to prevent this.

Shellie's Proverb: A man with no teeth is careless, although a donkey with beautiful teeth is still a jackass.

As I’ve scratched my butt with my dental benefits, my teeth and gums suffer the procrastination blow. Robert Fuji, forte teeth, worked hard for his dollar. He scraped the mortar off my teeth until his arm fell off. Poor guy! Frankly, Mr. Fuji was sweating his sack off. My teeth will fullfill his nightmares full of squirms and screams. He'll wish he's never met me. As his weariness settled in and his hands shook from much scraping, he concurred that gum vulnerability is common in pregnancies. Between gums, hormones, weight gain, appetite swings, frequent urination, irregularity the only good thing going is my voluptuous bosoms that weigh like two mini pot belly pigs.

To think that mom went through it ten times. What a machine! My hero! To think that women all over the world squirt these suckers out, is miraculous! Thus far it’s been fourteen weeks and I feel that my quibbling have been perpetual. I try to keep my complaints to a pittance, but where would the condition of this blog be? I need to revel in the joy of this special Kitchstar. How about a limbo party at a midget convention! I need to cease my clucking! Seriously, is everyone in agreement? I don’t enjoy listening to my clamor so why should anyone else? I need to hold a blithe outlook and soak in the bliss of our great fruition. Optimism. Giggle. So here’s to brushing, flossing, and to a healthy and sublime pregnancy!

Lesson: A stable Grasshopper must always take a bite of the meatier section of the pork bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment