Monday, November 06, 2006

Shriek!



The second trimester has been enchanting! Hallelujah, there is sunshine outside of this viperous black hole. I am a spry spring chicken! On Saturday, I took Chloe for a hike at Fort Funston. All this energy has me feeling like I could sprint to the top of Mount Everest. Well, you catch my drift. A month ago, this slug couldn't make it off the couch. I am making it a point to get my cardio and free weights on. Yes, I am enrolling in prenatal yoga, but there's something about yoga that bores me to timbers. Certainly, I understand the circumference of benefits that yoga provides, but the whole breathing, stretching, and meditating is so deathly monotonous. Please don't get me wrong, besides the fact that I am as limber as concrete , I used to be yoga obsessed that was until I discovered boxing. I'm just in bliss with my butt not imprisoned to the couch.

Shellie's Proverb: Never trust a tortoise that doesn't come out of his shell.

My food cravings have dwindled and I'm back to par. Well, I did give into a sausage mcmuffin on Sunday, my husband nursed a slight hangover, but that didn't stop me from noshing on two hash browns. So besides that stumble, I'm back on the organic and cage free kick. Eating healthy is crucial. Considering that I live in San Francisco, makes it easier for me to enforce the organic and free range code. Are you kidding? It's all the rage in this city from the neighborhood store to the restaurants. I'm just glad that I don't live in the South or Midwest where I would be subject to trans fat, high caloric and portions the size of an elephants caboose. (Please insert sense of humor here.)

I am thrilled to disco that I can make it through meals without doing a face plant into my meal. I am joyous to know that I can fulfill my chores and errands without forfeit. I am enraptured by the change in the weather. As I have been threatened by the forecast of the third semester in which my narcolepsy relapse may occur. For the next two and half months, I will bask in the rays of my second trimester sunshine. Happy days are here again!

Lesson: A young Grasshopper must always go off the path to discover direction to Shaolin.

No comments:

Post a Comment