Thursday, May 03, 2007

Final Countdown



Today, may be the big day! I go in for my final ultra sound which will lead to my induction. For the past few weeks, I’ve been working aggressively with my acupuncturist to ripen my cervix via herbs and needles. I know it all sounds like a scientific experiment, but like I’ve said before not a huge fan of western medicine. Instant gratification i.e. pills scare the hell out of me. Thanks to eastern medicine, several Braxton Hicks, contractions, assisting in the ripening of my cervix resulting in effacing and dilating.

It’s been a long road considering my gestational diabetes and all the havoc it wreaked. Furthermore, I’ve had enough of bed rest, talk shows, and chick flicks. Huh, I never thought I’d ever admit such horror! We’re so, to say the least, ecstatic! I’ve had enough of my weeble wobble stride. I have to roll out of sitting position which has put a dagger in my vulnerability. Besides, stretch marks are starting to wall the bottom of my belly, although for all the girlish fuss I’ve made, they’re not that bad. I can deal with the subtleties.

After Kitchstar is born….Note to self:
1. Devour the box of 16 piece nuts and chews Godiva Chocolates.
2. Beg for Patron silver chilled up.
3. Ask for another Patron silver chilled up.

Before I close, I would like to thank the academy…kidding…Tracy Massillon for all of her insight and referrals to making this pregnancy magical. I would also like to thank my superb husband Shane for always being the foundation of my happiness, despite my confessions on this blog. Finally, I would like to thank my family and friends for all your generous support. You have made my first pregnancy memorable. Sniffle.

Think well thoughts today as this may be my final entry as the coolest pregster…until the next pregnancy…

This is Shellie scared poopless to push, but excited as hell to meet my creation, back to you Bob at the Studio.

1 comment:

  1. oh happy happy joy, joy! i hope all went well with you! i will continue to catch up and look forward to your first post as mom.

    ReplyDelete