Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ham and Cheese


Shane was never one for holidays or birthdays. Christmas he would break into hives trying to find the ultimate gift. My birthday he hyperventilates as the lack of ideas trumped unruly on his existence. Simply put, celebrations pained ruthless on him. Celebrations were like taking a nice poison oak bubble bath; luxuriously painful. Today is Valentine’s Day 2008, the successful ad campaign for amateurs.

Shellie’s Proverb: Orchid that sits in a vase is short lived.
We awoke a little after four in the morning to Hunter screaming his tonsils out. Shane changed his diaper and wedged him between us on the bed. Chloe, attention deprived, jumped in the center of the family hug. Shane kissed Hunter’s head and I followed. Chloe vigorously wagged her tail resulting, Hunter to sit up and smile, laugh, and babble. Then he dove for Chloe’s tail as Chloe playfully licked Hunter’s cheeks like he was canine lollipop, “alright Chloe give it a rest.” I tried to diffuse the situation so I could selfishly get more snooze.

“This is the best. I could watch them all night. Who cares about sleep, my family’s right here.” Shane beautifully honest and I returned a grin that equated his content in the moment. Back on his back, Hunter’s eyes slowly glazed by the warm lullaby of his bottle.

Today is Valentines day and people scramble about in search for the perfect fluff and frill to say, “I love you,” albeit flowers, card, jewelry, and pre-fixed dinner. As Shane is always in pursuit of my happiness, little does he know that my heart—it lives in his happiness.

This is Shellie shot through the heart back to you Bob at the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment