Sunday, September 18, 2005

Barfday



Today is my birthday!!!! La-La-La-Tra-La-La-La!!!! The year of my birth is concealed in a vault thick as thieves. Just kidding, I don’t care…your still not going to find out how old I am. I'm so excited that I wish I could jump on a trampoline and "snap" fly straight to the moon!!!

Shane and I are going to Boulette Larder in the ferry building for breakfast. I can’t wait!!! There’s something about that place that makes you feel like your having breakfast in France. The fireplace and the long wooden dining table filled with strangers. From there, we’re heading to Yank Sing for some dim sum yum yum with friends.




I’ve found good reason to celebrate my birthday for the past three days. At least, I’m not like other people where the whole month is reserved for such self absorption. I’d love to, but I don’t have the audacity.

Shane, as usual, has always made my birthdays special. As you know, he proposed to me on my birthday last year. But don’t let him fool you. The most stressful times for him is, my birthday and Christmas. It’s not like I’m chasing him around with a sharp axe reminding him that the BCBG military coat on macys.com for $685.00 is way too generous, but is available for overnight shipping?

He just wants to make sure that everything is surprisingly perfect. For instance, he suffers from anxiety attacks just thinking about what accentuates he my wardrobe. He is restless with worry. It’s not like I make him that way, he somehow puts it on himself. I have no expectations whatsoever about anything, but because he is my sweetie sweets he just wants things to be perfect.

Case in point, he wanted to surprise me for my birthday by taking me out to dinner. So I blurted out a few restaurants and he got so upset, because he wasn’t aware of them. Hello? If you your going to take me out to dinner, at least fish around and find out where I want to go? Anyway, that just spiraled into complete disgust with himself.

Lesson learned: Honorable grasshopper should always keep mouth shut and be content with sunshine and grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment