Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Need vs. Want



I’ve put my 2001 Honda with 32,800 miles in good, not to be mistaken with mint, condition up for sale. Wink. Wink. Knudge. Any takers? I even gave my car some love and took it for a carwash. It’s not that I neglect my car; it’s just that I’m simply a lethargic slug, lazy for short. Hell, I’m not sure a homeless person would make my car his home, because on top of lazy I’m also a slob.

We’re on the mission for a car before the snow season begins, trying to steer away from SUVs, but boy they sure are shmoove. A requirement more than a must is a 4-wheel drive; Shane’s a board jock, a true sucker for snow. We were shooting for an Audi, but after speaking to too many unsatisfied customers, we’re leaning towards the BMW, 3 series sports package. Shane’s taken the 3 series out for a test drive as I sat in the backseat hung over, but from where I sat the ride was smooth, even if this car would be my ride. Irony, I’m a few months from paying off my car only to take on a new one.

Flashback: 1993, lower Haight flat two floors above Toronado, throwing my old boyfriend down two flights of stairs for stealing my hard earned savings for a Dodge Dart or Welding equipment. I kicked him in the gut first when I found out he pawned my bass guitar and my amp.

Meanwhile, I need to post my car on Craig list, because I’m not trading my car with a dealer. I might as well sell my reproduction organs, if I’m pursuing that route.

Lesson: Silly Grasshopper it is only destiny that can determine your fate, not your legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment