Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Make my home a sweet one, please



We’ve been shopping around for a house for a couple weeks. A fixer upper that will possibly be our permanent. Thank the lord, because this nomadic life was wearing on me something dismal. Shane's what you call a "flipper" a person that buys a fixer (a rundown house with lucrative potential), remodel and sell. There's something about living so many different places that it helps you in defining exactly where you want to call home.

I’ve always wanted to live in Potrero Hill. Oh, stop your groaning! What’s wrong with that? I know for all you hipsters, I might as well buy a Jaguar (no offense pimp’en Kurt), but who cares? I’ve spent most of my time in San Francisco in lower haight and the Mission, and frankly I would love to leave the house without any fecal matter on my doorstep. It’s the greatest treasure! Don’t worry I’m not turning into a yuppie or anything. On the otherhand, I refuse to live in the Richmond or Sunset district, because who wants to live among zombies.

Please don’t misunderstand my preferences. If you can afford to buy a house in the city, more collateral to you! In fact, congratulations! I, myself, am slightly ignorant and narrow minded and would love to live in an area of San Francisco that wasn’t infested with bums, fecal, urine and boredom.

Lesson: Dishonorable Grasshopper never reaches nirvana sitting on one blade of grass.

This is dedicated to Uncle John and Aunt Nyra and his keen eye and business sense for without them, we would not be so privileged.

1 comment:

  1. yea, I know what you mean. I just left the TL after being there for a year...thought it would be fun but can't do it anymore...

    ReplyDelete