Thursday, August 03, 2006

Flavor-Flav

As the Ozarks is infamous for its incest, Manhattan is well known for it's restaurants. You can imagine I was an epileptic suffering from Attention Deficit Disorder. The only certainty was to avoid the famous restaurants backed by world famous chef cartels so Cru, Gramercy, Per Se, Jean Georges, Mercer Kitchen and of the likes were banned from my list. I was not burnt on the mastery of culinaire, I wasn't feeling the hype. This time, we sniffed out the reputably obscure.

Shellie's Proverb: Never create a hoopla around a lion that is feeding.

It was 1030pm and we had just recharged from a two hour nap from an arduous day. A friend and long time local sent a text message that read, "must go to Inoteca will not disappoint." So we made haste to the the lower east side on Rivington to be exact. We were promptly seated and tended to. I quickly jumped the gun as I browsed the menu thinking that we had been steered wrong. The menu dishes seemed elementary, and usually I could decipher the dishes, but this time the server had to break down the abstruse.

Every dish was honestly fresh and simple. We started off with the grilled calamari, borlotti beans & fennel salad! Followed by a truffle egg bruschetta, and a mozzarella in carroza. Third course prawns wrapped in pancetta. Finally, the best pork chops and an eggplant lasagnetta that knocked me out of this world. We were floored by the service, the dishes, the wine, the ambience, the cost. The bill came to $101, for the both of us! This is six dishes and four glasses of bangin' wine. Inoteca is incredible! A16, Delfina has nothing on this one. Wow! Even when my stomach is about to explode, I usually save some space for dessert, not today. My waistline sternly ordered me to halt! My only regret is not trying the desserts and the array of exotic cheeses. I will sleep sound tonight.

Lesson: It is vital for Grasshopper to enjoy each flavor of rice porridge to master way of appreciation.

3 comments:

  1. Never knew you had such love for food? The pizzas are good there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. missed your complaining glad your back

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv food too!!!!! When I go to new york i will go to inoteca.

    ReplyDelete