Monday, January 01, 2007

2007


We greeted new years in our home surrounded by a few close friends. As the past two years we greeted the new year as intoxicatedly festive as possible. Instead, we took the quite route. A glass of champagne, for me, went a long way. By midnight, everyone had consumed enough alcohol to kill a baby pig. As I wanted to do the elderly thing, and have a boggle master tournament, the drinkers slurred instead. In the height of my sobriety, I reflected on 2006, a year of celebration and unforeseen events. It was a year of definite highs and lows.

Shellie's Proverb: A home with windows welcomes light.


It was the year of the Dog, and I could not get enough of snowboarding. In world sports, Italy took the World Cup. In July, my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Simultaneously, a dear friend Johnny suffered a misfortunate accident. In August, Duke, Shane's dad, enjoyed his 60th birthday with a surprise from his children. Also, we celebrated our first year as the Kitchens followed with the conception of Kitchstar. In September, I celebrated the entry into the cougar world as I turned 35. In the meantime, we adopted our sweet bichon Chloe.

As most people don't believe in new years resolutions, I do. It's been three years, since I've had a cigarette. Cold turkey! Furthermore, I have achieved my past new years resolution. I thank my lucky stars that 2006 kept most of us safe from harm. In good thought, I hope 2007 will bring a fruitful and positive year for everyone, we all could use it. In my secret of secrets, I only wish absolute positivity for all. Moreover, 2007 will be a record year as we expect Kitchstar to make it's appearance in May. Finally, I hope Shane the success on his embarkment with his new business. 2007 brace yourself, because here we come with a vengeance for happiness and health.

Lesson: An unwise grasshopper does not believe in fortune cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment