Friday, January 26, 2007

The Slip


In my black business suit and my black sneakers, I stepped out of the house at 630am to start my usual route to the bus stop. The sun hasn't peeked its head yet, and I am one step ahead of the day. In the eye of the hub, the cold air brushing my cheek as I briskly make my way to Third Street. It's Friday and I have no plans this weekend, except to spend it with Shane and Chloe. I have high hopes of catching Smoking Aces which opens in theatres today, but I'm better off catching a matinee this weekend.

It's been a long week and I look forward to spending time with Shane and taking Chloe for a walk at Crissy Fields, and enjoying brunch at Rose's Cafe tomorrow. Yes, it's the little things that make me happy. As I make my way towards the overpass, the repercussions of last nights work out heeds it's pain on my gluteus maximus. The rush of traffic below is thrilling as I witness the surge of man's invention at it's climax. Potrero Hill is at a standstill, except for the usual indolent dog walker. Northward the weeds of buildings and lights stand upright, and to think that I'll be in that financial jungle in thirty minutes.

Shellie's Proverb: Never stop to smell the flowers at a dog park.


Insignificant tasks effortlessly trickle in my head, "Researching strollers, changing tables, What am I preparing for the dinner party tomorrow? I didn't pack my lunch today, what am I going to eat? These shoes have no support, but they look better than my white sneakers. God, I'm hungry. Was that a kick? Baby never kicks as much as it should. Uh, it's so nice to be walking.." Like a faucet, I wish I could turn my thoughts off. The main purpose behind my foolish reprise of catching public transportation is to integrate a cardio workout into my day as sitting on my butt doesn't coincide with my fitness. It's Friday and I should be jumping for joy, because I'm eight hours away from freedom! I'll be happy once I'm off the San Francisco public transportation, a vessel for bacteria, psychotics, and bad manners. In the meantime, keep my chin up and paint a bright smile on my face. It's Friday!

Lesson: Grasshopper must remember that flatulence is a form of violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment