Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Pregnancy Update


My weeks have been overlapped between doctors appointments, acupuncture, prenatal yoga and pilates, long walks, that I've neglected my will to write aka vent. I've promised mom in law pictures of my development, but I can't even find the time to upload pictures to Ofotos. What is my problem? I need to snap with it! Not to mention the holidays was just one long speed bump. So here I am trying to find my way through my jungle of excuses. I spend most of my days in front of the computer slaving for a private equity, work has been quite hectic like a rabid dog in heat. It's been difficult to motivate and exercise after work. The very thought of it sometimes can be silenced with a relaxing moment on the couch.

In the meantime, little Kitchstar is starting to kick and/or punch. It all started with subtle butterfly flutters and as the weeks proceed it's becom more apparent that this little tyke will be starting a riot soon. As I spend most of my days sitting in front of the computer, the punches and kicks become evident. Today, especially, I swear it was pounding on the walls of my body for food. Perhaps, I am neglecting Kitchstar. For Pete's sake I had a healthy bowl of fruit and cereal this morning topped off with a yogurt for my morning snack. It's eleven o'clock what more does it want? Honestly, it's so cool to feel this miracle growing. I absolutely love it! In fact, I'm kicking myself in the butt wishing that we had done this earlier.

Shellie's Proverb: A book with no words has no meaning.


Thus, I am trying not to find a reason to gorge my face with nonsensical food. As my visit from the doctors last Friday, I have broken the 140 weight barrier. One should never be concerned with one's weight, although it is pretty scary when I've never ventured in these scary dark woods before. In my attempts to eat healthy and simply be healthy it seems that Kitchstar is growing at an alarming rate. I have sixteen more weeks to go and my belly is growing faster than a bacteria performing in a petri dish parade! In fact, the 20 week ultrasound the head on Kitchstar was pretty big so as I laughed and joked with Shane. He had an gigantuous head as an infant. I mean this thing could have been in the Guiness Book of World Records...anyway as I harmlessly jest, Shane shrugs, "laugh it up, I'm not the one that'll have to push it out." Right than and there, the comedy came to a halt. My little frame, my little box will have to push this turkey out. Gulp. Double Gulp! Triple Double Gulp Skip Gulp.

It does make me feel better that people at work have only noticed my transformation recently. Women, just remember the color black does wonders to slim the body. Especially, if your at that stage where your feeling like a super blimp, a black shirt does wonders and will really make your day. Please don't get me wrong, I embrace my pregnancy wholeheartedly, but I would like to preserve my body as best I can. What's wrong with taking care of myself? In true relativity, I'm taking care of little Kitchstar too. I mean between the intake of probiotic, organic, free range and cage free to have chocolate is a true sin (as I stuff a caramel kiss into my mouth). I am enjoying my pregnancy while it lasts. In fact, I had a Mitchell's ice cream at 3 o'clock pm before consuming a Thai duck lunch plate. Living on the edge baby, living on the edge. I'm trying to have fun with this, because as we shoot to start the Kitchen clan which means rug rats galore, I will fight the elasticity, bloating, fat, and gravity off with a stick. That is why it is important to be proactive.

All in all, it's been busy and I can't fathom how hectic it will be at the end of nine months. I keep telling myself to enjoy this time. Really take it in. I know it's sounds hippie and granola, but it's true. I am in the eye of the storm. I could be whining and complaining and finding every reason to bite my man's nuts off, but I'm not. I'm better than that, besides life is too short for tantrums.

Lesson: A wise Grasshopper must slowly walk on hot coals to appreciate the air of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment