Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Swoosh


Wondering about my whereabouts? Me too. I've ventured into the topsy turvy world of vertigo. Where the world of spinning and barfing meet. Can you believe it? Verti-flippin'go! It's not just a classic movie, it's my misery! There's nothing whimsical about this trip. There's been a few whispers about how it resulted. Some say concussion, but the doctors have concluded that it's all inner ear. In any case, it's been real. Really nauseating! It struck me this past Sunday morning, as my vision spun 360 degrees at 85 mph without the brakes. Shane cradled a thrash can as I purged myself of nausea. I must admit, I cried like a baby, as constantly spinning rooms have that effect on me.

It could be worse, so lets move on to current events. Under the advice of the doctor, I must lay off all strenuous activities for the next few weeks. Besides the medication prescribed which is in the same value as valume, I am a total slur lord. A napster. Two weeks? I can't wait two weeks without exercising. I will go absolutely crazy and probably take it out on my husband. Poor Shane, the wrath he will have to pay for my mental illness.

Shellie's Proverb: A branch with no leaves has nothing to lose.

Besides the obvious, we keep passing sickness to and fro like our own self serve petri dish. Virus anyone? We've been under the weather for the past two weeks. Besides sickness, there's allergies. The devil's spawn spore. It never ends. Between the kissing, hugging and all that love, when is it okay to cut off any physical contact with my husband? Because this sick sponge is ready for a cleansing.

Lesson: A mindful grasshopper must always remember no matter how many cups of green tea you drink, the bathroom awaits harmful germs and bacteria.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I've lurked for a while but love reading your newlywed rants!

    Hubs and I have been married 7 months and we are dealing with the whole issue of trying to keep both of us healthy at once! Everyone tells you that you'll get more sick when you have kids and they're exposed to germs - but NO one told me it happens when you get married too! Here's to sick-free days!

    Also - had vertigo a couple of years ago. Bad. Still affects me some now and then. Hope your feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete