Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Brain Juice



The countdown has started. This Friday is Shane's GC Exam day. Holy Moly! He has been studying silently upstairs in the bedroom behind closed doors for weeks now. His reading style is out loud. I think it's so he can remember the material better. I offered hints and tricks to tickle his memory, but he refuses my help. So here I am. Driven wild by his stale study style.

Shellie's Proverb: Fingerprints do not lie.

He has been studying so hard that he thinks his brain is going to explode. Literally. He's been complaining of headaches. I’ve caught him popping Advil like it was popcorn. It's probably from grinding his jaw, due to stress. Note to self: must admit Shane into HA (Hypocondriac's Anonymous).

Clarification, Shane is not the studios type. My man does not read. This is why foreign films are so foreign. Subtitles are crossing the international threshold. So here he is, plunging into the bottomless literary pit. He loathes reading. Reading is his kryptonite. To make matters worse, he has to remember the information. Ugh. Ever force feed an anorexic? No skip in the park.

Now that time is limited, he decides to alleviate his brain burn on golf. Yes, golf should do the trick. Oi vay! Are you joking? I don't take the day off, because the kids of menstrual cramp camp are having chainsaw practice in my stomach. I may have used it as a cop out, but not for a day off. Well, maybe in my late teens. But, come on people! This is life, so deal with it!

Let's cut the fat and get to the red meat, I'm just irritated, because he is playing hooky when the exam is in two days. Errr. That's like whacky crazy! But, besides being my husband, he's an adult. Adults are open to make their own decisions and who am I to dissuade? I'm just his wife. Nagging Shellie. As a wife, I should support his decisions and be the nucleus of his decisions. I mean isn’t that what wives are for? Hiss. The dowry days are over sister!

I'm not a control freak. I swear! Pinky swear! Believe me, I've seen some psycho control females and thank the lord almighty. Sorry folks, the control outfit is sold separately from the Shellie action figure. I, on the otherhand, like to meet in the middle. I believe that a fair compromise makes for a healthy relationship. Otherwise, resentment sets in and we don't need any of that resin.

From the bottom of my heart, I don’t think I could bear his failure. He has invested so much time and effort. Sniffle. Tear. I wish him all the best and to pass with aces. I have only pleasant intentions for my sweetest of the sweets. God knows, I can't go through this again. Kidding. Smile.

Lesson: A versatile grasshopper must walk, run, fly, slither, skip, and wiggle and decide which route home is most fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment