Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Warrior and The Hero


A dear friend is departing San Francisco leaving for the great coast of Costa Rica, another one bites the dust. I applaud McMurtrie & Minniti (will be known henceforth as M&M) for taking that step foward to venture instead of sinking in this quicksand of a town. I must admit that I am envious of their effort to make way for change. If only I had cajones, I too would make a run for the border!

Shellie's proverb: A bird that flys in a circle goes nowhere in life.

What can I say, except that JMinniti will sorely be missed. From her hour lecture on the history of jeans to the synopsis on this seasons fashion and the team of designers that spine the operation. I adore her intelligence on Iyengar and what to tuck and when to tuck. I admire her boisterous New Jersey Italian demeanor and her power of integrity. My favorite is her repetitive eloquent usage of the literal word mother effer. I can't believe that she was the Dean of the Fashion department at CCAC, but then again I understand why she was the Dean. The girl has balls the size of Jupiter and an attitude to match. My absolute head rush, is her delusional fixation on being a flippin' blimp. Jen, a six pack is not considered a belly so bite me beeotch! Despite her tussle with her monthly cycle, I have to say that I will miss her.

Well, what can I say about Darren except that he is one very cool cat! He is always in the background cold hard chillin' with that pleasant smile on his face like there's a carnival taking place in his head. I mean the man is designing and building a house with water running through it for Pete's sake, he's a man's man. Architect nerd! I'm proud that he too has fallen into the deep pit for boxing.

If I could pick one pose to define Jen it would be Virabhadrasana, fierce warrior and Darren would be Virasana, the hero (Vira: man, hero, chief).

Conclusively, I would like to thank you both for making our lives so vivid. I wish all the love and luck! Alright that's all the crap I can muster for a farewell to friends. This is not goodbye, because Costa Rica New Years 2007 is around the corner. I look foward to mingling with the italians and yoga nerds that inherit Tamarindo. Until than, the baby race is on between Jen and I. I can't wait to see who will cross the finish line first. Namaste. I'm out!

Lesson: A well traveled grasshopper is one that treks the galaxy for friendly aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment