Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My pignic is Over!


After mounds of alcohol intake and gorging my face with meaningless calories and countless points, Tuesday greets me with strict discipline. Memorial day weekend was astounding! I enjoyed every second from the drunken stupor of Shane and friends in Sonoma to my tequila spectacle, befriended a San Francisco newbian in a kilt to a friend's gathering gone awry, to a sober picnic in Golden Gate park.

Shellie's Proverb: Cat with no whiskers has no balance in life.

As I wanted to incorporate some exercise to my holiday, vacation mode was in full press. My sloth like behavior was paramount. At the picnic yesterday, my picnic blanket was my best friend. I occasionally nibbled on food, but it's heavy magnetism lured me into the narcoleptic kingdom. Get out the smelling salt, because this sloth was in hibernation.

This morning my heart raced with excitement as the alarm clock blared 6:00am. The sunshine blatantly warmed my cheeks, triggering a pulse. Alive. I jumped out of bed and headed straight for the shower. I couldn't wait to start the day on the right foot! Should I bike to work? Should I catch the Fillmore bus? Should I take Third Street bus? Should I walk? All of these options, skipped around my head. For as much as I wanted to bike to work, the bike station (free parking for bicycle dorks) did not open till 7:30am. I wanted to be punctual to the office. Instead, I treaded the waters of the Third Street bus in my brown power suit and flip flops. Gulp. The flip flops did generate a few awkward stares, and I wasn't sure if it was the flip flops or the ward of warts on my toe.

I am relieved that my world is back in full axis. This lazy bag of bones, needs order in her life.

Lesson: An amiable grasshopper does not require the sparkling luxuries of the likes of champagne, but rather partake in the bubbling company of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment