Friday, May 19, 2006

Good Luck!


Today is the darn day. The day Shane's worked so hard towards. Let's cross our fingers folks and hope for the best.

Yesterday, he hit the books like a fiend does rock. He has scored higher on his practice quizzes yesterday. Hip Hip Hooray for progress! In the meantime, he's been whining about his head hurting. It's called utilizing your brain. Thinking. I'm not privy to whining. I wasn't allowed that luxury as a child.

Since he's been anxious about his exam, he gave birth to a 2 ounce healthy baby crick in his neck. I told him to take it easy and chill. Drink a nice cup of tea or go take a warm bath. Wash away this negative roadblock. All this tension was the core to his headaches and tight spots. He laughed at my absurd suggestion. The number one underlying culprit behind sickness, tumors, constipation, lazy eye, weight gain or loss, blindness, warts, frowns. You name it, stress is behind the curtain pulling all the strings.

Shellie's Proverb: A stooge can never be saved, because his pockets and shoes are full of cement.

The hawaiian culture you must "go wid da flow brah. Whatevah. Anykine. No mattah." Translation: A handful of nails, make a nail gun. Smirk. It is what it is, so just deal. Shane is a chill cat, but at the same time, he has some problemos. For example, leftovers in the fridge makes his brain bubble toil and trouble. The dishes in our kitchen cabinet are stored properly by color, shape, and style. I live in a pottery barn catalog. Eww. For kicks, I'll switch the dishes, wine and champagne glasses, the fork in the spoon section just to see my husband go stir crazy. So he's got a hint of obssessive compulsive disorder, it could be worse. Smile.

So my point is, is that he needs to stop stressing the minute things. Sheesh. I mean these aren't life threatening issues. Until his eyeballs spasm and pop out of it's sockets and his neck slits open and spews maggots than I think his dandy. I mean, if he fails than, take it again. Boo Hoo. On the upside, if he passes than it was just unnecessary torture. This is why we work. We are cohesive, because I am cactus and he is coyote. I am his yin.

Lesson: A versatile grasshopper does not rule and control his destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment